Welcome to West London Aero Club EASA PPL Ground School
You are required to pass nine written exams on your way to being awarded your Private Pilot’s Licence and we have an online study course that will enable you to achieve success in these written exams.
This online course covers all nine subjects required.
The nine subjects are:
- Air Law: You should pass this exam before flying solo, so it’s recommended you do this course/exam first. (16 questions/35 minutes).
- Operational Procedures: The practical application of Air Law with respect to safety and operating rules. (12 questions/30 minutes).
- Aircraft General Knowledge: How an aircraft works. (16 questions/35 minutes).
- Principles of Flight: How an aircraft flies. (12 questions/35 minutes.
- Communications: What to say to who and when and what to listen for from Air Traffic Control. (12 questions/20 minutes). You also have to do a practical R/T, Radio Telephony, test for your licence.
- Human Factors and Limitations: Get to know your environment in the aircraft, how it affects you and how to best communicate with others on the aircraft and on the ground. (12 Questions/25 minutes).
- Navigation: How to navigate through the sky by preparing a flight plan, using maps, a navigation computer, radio frequencies and aerodrome plates. i.e. getting from point A to point B without getting ‘lost’. (12 questions/45 minutes).
- Flight Planning and Performance: How to get maximum performance and endurance from your aircraft by correct and accurate loading. (12 questions/45 minutes).
- Meteorology Weather is one of the most important factors in planning a safe flight. Know how to understand weather fully, how patterns form, change and how to understand forecasts. (16 questions/50 minutes).
All exams must be completed within six sittings. (A sitting is defined by the CAA as a ten day period). When you have completed your first exam, you have eighteen months to complete the rest of your written exams and these exam passes are valid for two years.West London Aero Club Online Groundschool